What Life Coaching Is About
It is about helping clients to gain clarity, motivation and create successful changes in their lives and careers ... and flows across all aspects of our work, including coaching couples in helping them to build stronger relationships.
We at Northside Counselling believe our purpose is about empowering others, and everything we do is geared around this simple concept - and we are able to bring together our own experiences and learnings in corporate as well as the health industry, and combine it with motivational techniques that we use in our college teaching as well as working with individuals.
Working with clients we use a flexible framework that covers the following ... not necessarily in the order listed:
- Identifying Goals - what is it you want to achieve working together. If you don't know where you are going how will you know when you get there?
- Introspective Reflection - what have been your stumbling blocks to date? We don't learn from experience, but by reflecting on experience.
- What Are Your Strengths and Weaknesses - aligning strengths and past successes with goals, while being aware of your weaknesses, is a critical step.
- Strategies - what big picture strategies can be identified to start moving forward towards those goals.
- Tactics - what are the immediate steps required, and what if any issues need to be addressed as part of the tactics.
If you would like to discuss further how we can work with you in this capacity don't hesitate to call.